A New Day...

A New Day...

I thought I'd try putting some of my poems here so that others had access to them. Forgive their imperfections, their creator is only human. I hope that you might find some small use for these poems, simple though they are.

If you like a poem or choose to use one for anything - please leave a comment - I'd like to hear from you.

(If I have modified a poem to better suit a person or situation, I will try to upload both the original and modified versions.)

(As I get time I'll try to add more - don't expect all of them at once...)

All poems and selections are Copyrighted by Melinda Durrant

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Another year ends...

Here is a poem that I wrote for my staff this year. 


Our lives are full of changes
That’s what we’ve all been told
And when we’re faced with those changes
We must choose to be timid or bold

When facing the challenges ‘round us
We must choose to advance or retreat
We must resolve to battle onward
Or choose to accept our defeat

And though some battles may seem to be hopeless
When we are facing them day after day
There is always the hope we can conquer
When we forge right into the fray

So - carry on through the challenges we’re facing
With courage and compassion to spare
Encourage our students and guide them
Let them know just how much that you care

Face each day with the knowledge
That your positive impact will be
Felt longer than you can imagine
With each of the people you meet

  Melinda L. Durrant
          May 26, 2011



Thank you for all that you do to help our school. I hope that you have a wonderful summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment