A New Day...

A New Day...

I thought I'd try putting some of my poems here so that others had access to them. Forgive their imperfections, their creator is only human. I hope that you might find some small use for these poems, simple though they are.

If you like a poem or choose to use one for anything - please leave a comment - I'd like to hear from you.

(If I have modified a poem to better suit a person or situation, I will try to upload both the original and modified versions.)

(As I get time I'll try to add more - don't expect all of them at once...)

All poems and selections are Copyrighted by Melinda Durrant

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Soaring


                                                                       

                 Amidst the cobalt blue

                                                Scattered drops of rainbow
                                       Soar heavenward
                                                                    Unimpeded
                                                                               By gravity
                                                       No mortal shackles
                                          To keep them
                                                                       Earthbound
                                                                                        Carrying treasures
                                                                                Precious messages
                                                                           Beyond sight

- MLD, July 2011


1 comment:

  1. I am not sure why, but I really like the flow and shape of this poem. It just really connected with me. Thanks for sharing it. I hope to see you share more of then soon!

    ReplyDelete