A New Day...

A New Day...

I thought I'd try putting some of my poems here so that others had access to them. Forgive their imperfections, their creator is only human. I hope that you might find some small use for these poems, simple though they are.

If you like a poem or choose to use one for anything - please leave a comment - I'd like to hear from you.

(If I have modified a poem to better suit a person or situation, I will try to upload both the original and modified versions.)

(As I get time I'll try to add more - don't expect all of them at once...)

All poems and selections are Copyrighted by Melinda Durrant

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Angels

Angels

Angels can come in all sizes and shapes
You won’t often find them with sidekicks and capes

More often they come in unknown to the masses
And quietly work with the lads and the lasses

They spread their wings wide and gather them near
With kindness and courage they help without fear

No heavenly music accompanies their work
Yet, onward they press on - they never will shirk

Encouraging hope and the will to begin
They help our young students get ready to win

We thank you this day for your unselfish care
For stepping right in, for being right there

So please take this token of thanks on this day
And know that our gratitude won’t go away

-Melinda Durrant
  November 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment