A New Day...

A New Day...

I thought I'd try putting some of my poems here so that others had access to them. Forgive their imperfections, their creator is only human. I hope that you might find some small use for these poems, simple though they are.

If you like a poem or choose to use one for anything - please leave a comment - I'd like to hear from you.

(If I have modified a poem to better suit a person or situation, I will try to upload both the original and modified versions.)

(As I get time I'll try to add more - don't expect all of them at once...)

All poems and selections are Copyrighted by Melinda Durrant

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Dawn (modified 2010)


Dawn

At times when darkness falls
And shadows seem so near
Reach upward to the Heavens
To One who’s always near

He knows your sorrows, your trials, your fears
He knows the pain you bear
He wants you to reach out to Him
Look up, He’s always there

He’ll hold you when you tremble
Send His angels ‘round about
To buoy you up and help you
Of His love there is no doubt

He mourns with every loss you feel
Weeps each time you cry
As He holds and hears and loves
His Comforter is nearby

Each night the darkness fades away
Into a new tomorrow
Each dawn becomes a brand new day
Bringing hope instead of sorrow

Hold close to those who love you
Cling to them with all your might
These family ties that bind us
Help us upward to His light

For families are Eternal
Joined with sacred ties that bind
Generation to generation
Never ending for all time

 - Melinda L. Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment