A New Day...

A New Day...

I thought I'd try putting some of my poems here so that others had access to them. Forgive their imperfections, their creator is only human. I hope that you might find some small use for these poems, simple though they are.

If you like a poem or choose to use one for anything - please leave a comment - I'd like to hear from you.

(If I have modified a poem to better suit a person or situation, I will try to upload both the original and modified versions.)

(As I get time I'll try to add more - don't expect all of them at once...)

All poems and selections are Copyrighted by Melinda Durrant

Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Call (modified)

The Call



A call has come
To serve the Lord
To spread the Gospel
To all the world


Cherish this moment
Holding tight to the rod
His Spirit will guide you
Oh, Child of God


Your calling is noble
Your nature Divine
You heed Holy promptings
You learn line upon line

You join in the ranks
Of the noblest of youth
You march forth in glory
As a soldier of truth

You seek to bring hope
To souls lost in despair
 You seek to bring Light
As the “good news” you share

Serving with honor
With a prayer in your heart
Will bring blessings unmeasured
As you do your part

As you follow the Savior
He will reap what you sow
Not all will be easy
But hard times help you grow

Go – spread seeds of the gospel
You’ve prepared yourself well
Keeping close to His Spirit
There’s no way you can fail


-Melinda L. Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment