A New Day...

A New Day...

I thought I'd try putting some of my poems here so that others had access to them. Forgive their imperfections, their creator is only human. I hope that you might find some small use for these poems, simple though they are.

If you like a poem or choose to use one for anything - please leave a comment - I'd like to hear from you.

(If I have modified a poem to better suit a person or situation, I will try to upload both the original and modified versions.)

(As I get time I'll try to add more - don't expect all of them at once...)

All poems and selections are Copyrighted by Melinda Durrant

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Homecoming

Homecoming


You left
And when you left
I wondered – why?
Why me?
Why now?
Why, when I need you so much are you gone?

I wondered – how?
How could this happen?
How can I let go?
How can I go on?

And then I heard
Or maybe felt
A quiet voice saying,
“My daughter,
I am happy here.
I am doing the Lord’s work.
Don’t sorrow!
Rejoice for my happiness.

Oh, daughter
If only…
If only I could lift the veil and show you –
Show you life’s purposes,
Show you how short this minute of life really is
You would not sorrow then
You would rejoice
We will meet again my precious daughter
And then there shall be joy!”

Softly and gently,
Another voice whispered,
“Oh my dear child
I know your loss is great


Remember – my Son died also
But He died to gain life
Eternal Life
I wish I could show you all
But this life is a great test
If I told you
You would not learn and grow

Remember also –
I will not try you beyond your means
Smile my child and go on, ever higher
On to perfection
You will meet again!”

Now,
No longer do I ponder the
How’s?
And the
Why’s? –
But what He would have me do
Here and now
Progress is slow
Slow and sometimes hard
But the final result is worth the fight

So,
I’ll rejoice for you
Rejoice for your happiness
Though at first it may seem impossible
I’ll do what I must and someday
Someday!
I’ll be back
Prepare my mansion, Father –
I’m coming Home!

- Melinda L. Durrant


No comments:

Post a Comment