A New Day...

A New Day...

I thought I'd try putting some of my poems here so that others had access to them. Forgive their imperfections, their creator is only human. I hope that you might find some small use for these poems, simple though they are.

If you like a poem or choose to use one for anything - please leave a comment - I'd like to hear from you.

(If I have modified a poem to better suit a person or situation, I will try to upload both the original and modified versions.)

(As I get time I'll try to add more - don't expect all of them at once...)

All poems and selections are Copyrighted by Melinda Durrant

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Warrior of Truth

Warrior of Truth
(based on D&C 27)

Serving the Lord is a noble call
A warrior of Truth standing so tall

Having your “loins girt about with truth”
And a “breastplate of righteousness” formed in your youth

Your feet you have “shod with the gospel of peace”
You’ve a “shield of faith” you must never release

Along with a “helmet of salvation”, you raise
The “sword of my Spirit” to conquer each day

The Comforter’s presence will always be near
Even in times of trial, heartache, or fear

As you earnestly teach, taking a stand
 You’ll seek out His children upon this new land

Your “armor” is whole and tempered by Love
As you faithfully serve your Father, above

You know the Truth, you’ve heard the Lord’s call
Go, serve him with Honor, and give Him your all

By- Melinda L. Durrant
March 22, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment