A New Day...

A New Day...

I thought I'd try putting some of my poems here so that others had access to them. Forgive their imperfections, their creator is only human. I hope that you might find some small use for these poems, simple though they are.

If you like a poem or choose to use one for anything - please leave a comment - I'd like to hear from you.

(If I have modified a poem to better suit a person or situation, I will try to upload both the original and modified versions.)

(As I get time I'll try to add more - don't expect all of them at once...)

All poems and selections are Copyrighted by Melinda Durrant

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pray

Pray

The skies were clear, it was early morn
The wind was still, the sunshine warm
My soul was cloudy, damp and drear
I was alone, no friends were near
The trials seemed harsh, the blessings seemed few
Then someone whispered, “I suffered for you.
Upon the cross I hung that day.
Now all you need do is kneel down and pray.”
My knees slowly bent as I knelt down to pray
With righteous intent I started that day

Now when I feel lonely, and I’m all on my own
I remember that day when my soul ceased to roam
I lift up my voice as His praises I sing
To Him all my joys, all my sorrows I bring
He is my Light as I go day to day
And when it feels dark I kneel down and pray
So whenever YOU feel dreary or blue
Remember He who suffered for you
Heed His wise counsel and remember each day
That all you need do is kneel down and pray

-Melinda L. Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment