A New Day...

A New Day...

I thought I'd try putting some of my poems here so that others had access to them. Forgive their imperfections, their creator is only human. I hope that you might find some small use for these poems, simple though they are.

If you like a poem or choose to use one for anything - please leave a comment - I'd like to hear from you.

(If I have modified a poem to better suit a person or situation, I will try to upload both the original and modified versions.)

(As I get time I'll try to add more - don't expect all of them at once...)

All poems and selections are Copyrighted by Melinda Durrant

Saturday, March 26, 2011

To a Friend Who Grieves

To a Friend Who Grieves
(Modified)

I cannot claim to understand
The pain you’re going through
I know that we are left sometimes
Not knowing what to do

I cannot heal your pain
I’d never even try
But there’s a waiting shoulder
If you ever need to cry

You lost a precious spirit
With destiny untold
A tender angel spirit
Whose hand you long to hold

This spirit touched your life
For such a short, short time
Yet filled your heart with wonder
Of mountains it would climb

Now this special soul
Has returned to Home above
Gazing down on you
And sending you such love

“My time’s not yet,” it whispers
“And it may take awhile
But someday, sooner than you think
I’ll greet you with a smile

It will not be right now
It may be far away
But in your heart I know
That I’ll forever stay

I am a special angel child
Not destined for this Earth
But, Mom and Dad, I hope you understand
What all this pain is worth

For Families are Eternal
And love forever shines
And giving life to children
Is a calling that’s Divine

So, thank you for the chance
To share my life with you
I know I didn’t stay too long
For now, my mission’s through.”

I hope these words, though simple
Give comfort, love, and peace
As heartache, pain, and sorrow
In time begin to cease

You are His precious children
I know He aches for you
And with His loving guidance
He will help you through.


-Melinda L. Durrant

No comments:

Post a Comment